Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Family Ups & Downs = Time for Cards!

Whenever a member of my family or a loved ones has a happy event or a challenge in their life, one of my first thoughts is "Hmmm, what kind of card would work best for this?" Sad, I know, but there you have it. Here are two cards I made last night. The first is for my little sister, who is going through a very difficult time, and I wanted to remind her how much we love her.




















If you'd like more info on this card, here is a link to where I've posted it, along with all the materials and instructions, on the Cricut messageboard:

http://www.cricut.com/messageboard/tm.aspx?m=991201

And this one is for my little brother, who just entered the MTC today in preparation for serving a two-year LDS mission to Nicaragua. Hooray! I am just SO stinkin' proud of him. As I thought about what advice I would give him and what I learned from my own mission, I just thought "make every minute count." So this card is based on the number of minutes in two years, which turned out to be a little too abstract, since I had to explain it to everyone... Oh well, you win some, you lose some!












The striped and polka dot paper are from My Mind's Eye, and the "Called to Serve" paper is from Rusty Pickle. I cut the clock from Going Places and the numbers from Base Camp (both Cricut). The corners are hand cut.

Stay tuned -- in a similar vein, I'll be making a card tonight for my brother and sister-in-law, whose adoption of sweet baby Noah is being finalized tomorrow!

3 comments:

Regina Easter said...

Wow Tomi, these two cards are awesome...great job...regina

Sadie said...

U R designs are loved too

The Cryer Family said...

Love the one for your Brother's mission!! It's great to come across other LDS bloggers too!!