Monday, June 2, 2008

My birdie obsession continues...

Okay, I think my love for little birdies may be going overboard! Just about every card I've made lately has some little birdie element. They're just so dad-gum cute, don't you think? So much fun!

This one used scraps from my "Lucky" layout from last week. This cute birdie is from the Cricut Joys of the Season cartridge -- it's a Christmas cartridge, but I think it's extremely versatile -- cut at 2". I used it for my Mother's Day cards, as well. The flourish the birdie is sitting on is also from JOTS, cut at 2" on shadow. "Thank You" is cut with Alphalicious, I think also at 2".



This simple card is a favorite layout of mine -- it comes together so quickly; it's great when you need to make a big batch of cards. The color scheme here was inspired by some lotion packaging I saw at Old Navy. I'm not sure how I feel about the black inking on the embossing, but I do love this little birdie embossing folder for the Cuttlebug. The stamp and scallop circle are from Stampin Up.



Here's another one with the same embossing folder, but the photo so does not do it justice because it really doesn't pick up the embossing on the white cardstock, but the card is so pretty and delicate. This one uses another stamp from the same SU set, and the scallop circle punch. I also used the Fiskars Threading Water Punch for the scallops on the bottom -- I love it!



I picked up this adorable Imaginisce penguin stamp for less than a dollar and decided he would be perfect for making some fun, fresh Father's Day cards for my grandpas this year. (I usually end up doing something "masculine" with lots of blues and browns, but my grandpas are all pretty fun guys and I think they'll enjoy this even more!) I used watercolor pencils for the green and orange, and blue craft glitter for the popsicle and swirls.



This one is for my aunt and cousin who are traveling to England even as I type. This little birdie is a Quickutz die that followed me home from the craft store on Friday. "bon voyage" is from the Cricut Beyond Birthdays cartridge, and the journaling block is something I designed myself and cut with SCAL. I love this shape, which is so popular right now, but I didn't have one on any of my cartridges and I couldn't find one as a dingbat. I LOVE that SCAL gives me the flexibility to do it myself! Recognize the paper? It's scraps from the penguin father's day cards! Just goes to show how versatile a couple of pieces of paper can be!

7 comments:

Tonya said...

Tomi, All of these are fantastic cards! I do like the black ink on the embossing, I think because it's different and unique. Thanks for sharing with us all!

Em said...

Wow - you've been busy!!

These are all lovely, but the 1st one is my fave!

Anonymous said...

Wow! So many new things...girl you have been busy!!!

I love your birdies...they are just way to cute...and *enabler* alert on the cuttlebug embossing folder...I might have to stop coming by...everytime I do you show me a new goodie that I need to own...LOL :)

DeeDee said...

WOW, that's bunch of great cards girlie....they are all awesome!!

michelle said...

wow some fabulous cards !! what a busy girl you have been !!

Anonymous said...

Tomi my friend, all your creations are gorgeous. Your style is beautiful and very relaxing... Hugs. SK

Regina Easter said...

WOW, TOMI, I LOVE ALL OF THESE CARDS...GREAT JOB