Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Kazan's sketch #11




My dear aunt and bestest bud Glynis is having a baby in December, and this great sketch from Kazan at 2 Sketches 4 You was the perfect jumping off point for this invitation to her shower! I love how this turned out -- the photo really doesn't do the sweet colors justice. Anyhoo, they've called this baby "Peanut" ever since they found out they were pregnant, so a little elephant seemed like the perfect touch. I'm in charge of the decorations and invitations, so I'm planning to coordinate everything with this scheme. I adore this baby boy paper collection from Cosmo Cricket. The elephant is from the Cricut Zooballoo cartridge, cut at 1 3/4", and I cut the circles with George at 2" and 1". The striped shape I designed on my computer and cut with SCAL. The background is embossed with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder. To create the notebook edge, I used my Cropadile to punch the holes, then snipped them with scissors.

Be sure to check out Kazan's sketch this week!

18 comments:

Tonya said...

That is definitely one of the cutest invitations I have ever seen!

Anonymous said...

Very cute Tomi... :) Sonia

Kath Stewart said...

great take on the sketch Tomi - just love this card and that cute ellie
Hugs
kath
xxxxx

ScrapMomOf2 said...

This is so CUTE! Oh my, everything about it is just perfect! I love it!

carolann said...

This is absolutely stunning hun well done xxxx

Unknown said...

This is sooo stinking cute. I am a huge fan of this elephant cut and I also love the way you did the wording. I think she is going to be so pleased with her shower. Great job on the preparations and this sketch
hugs
:) Kazan

Steph Jacobson said...

This is so adorable! I love everything about it--great colors and sucha a cute little elephant.

Lea L. said...

This is super cute...just love that little elephant! Great job with the sketch!

~lea

**Nancy** said...

Too cute! Lov the elephant!

Unknown said...

So adorable! Love how you used deep, rich colors, rather than the typical pastel baby palette.

Eveline said...

Simply adorable.
Eveline.

Martha said...

The card you made is lovely!
Thanks for leaving a comment at my first card.
Martha

Kathryn said...

HOw sweet -- love that elephant -- he's adorable! ;)

Nikki said...

That is an AWESOME baby shower invite!!! Sooo cute!

Sherry Wright said...

This is perfect and oh so cute!

ChelleStamps said...

I love this invite. It is so cute. I especially like the colors you chose and the little elephant. Too cute.

Unknown said...

My dear niece Tomi failed to mention that she made about 50-bazillion of these cards because we have a huge family. I live in Texas, but every time I get something from her in the mail, I know there's something precious inside.

tomiannie said...

You're too kind, Auntie P, but I can't take credit for that. I actually just made this one, then scanned it in and had more printed at the photo lab. In my current time-crunch situation I figured I had time to make a lot of really simple invitations that I wouldn't be as happy with, or I could spend lots of time on just one and make copies for everyone. I'll give the original to Glynis for Peanut's baby book. Hopefully no one feels too cheated -- the printed version still looks very cute.