Saturday, January 31, 2009

Quilt Block Card


I needed a get-well card for a friend who is an avid quilter, and creating a quilt block card was the first thing that jumped to mind. I used mostly circles and squares, then designed a layer to coordinate (the green bits) and cut it using my Cricut and SCAL. This week's sketch over at Mojo Monday was the perfect jumping off point for this large quilt block! The paper is from Crate Paper, and I hand lettered the sentiment. TFL!

P.S. If you're interested, I've listed my quilt block cut file and piecing instructions in my etsy shop. Thanks!

Blog Candy Alert!! There is really great blog candy going on at the following blogs:

Gramma's House of Cards

Going Buggy

Plus all sorts of great inspiration, so check 'em out!

3 comments:

Tonya said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I love how you made it up just for a good friend who loves to quilt...so thoughtful of you.

Tricia said...

as usual, stunning card! Very clever idea too!

Desire Fourie said...

This is stunning Tomiannie. Just up my ally. Love your quilt creating and the 'paper crate' cardstock you've used. Great design as well. Hugs from Desire