Saturday, March 21, 2009

Mommy and Sammy making cards together!

2 Sketches 4 You has a very fun adult and child contest this week for Youth Art Month, and Sammy just couldn't wait to get in on the action! He loves making cards, and says the best part is the designs. :) This was his first time using a sketch or anything, and it was a revelation to him that you don't have to just glue everything you can find onto a piece of paper. I love that he loves to craft with me, and I hope he keeps it up! Here is his card:



My card I finally had a chance to do at the Scrapbook Expo last night. The pp is from Kaiser Craft, and the chandelier stamp and cool chandelier gem are both from Heidi Swapp (got them for a steal at the Expo -- yippee!).



3 comments:

~dawne said...

Sammy...what a wonderful card. I love the fun colors you chose & the bird. I hope you continue to create cards w/your mom. Tomianni...your card is very elegant. Love the chandelier. Thanks for playing w/us this week.

Norine said...

that is a great card Sammy love the colors and how fun making cards with your mom doesn't get better than that
Hugs
Norine

Tonya said...

Great card, Sammy!

Tomi, I really like your card! That chandelier is awesome! I really like that patterned paper, too.