Monday, February 15, 2010

A birthday card with a surprise inside!

 
 


As soon as I found these cool pop-up spring mounts from Pig Tales, an idea for a sort of inside-out card started brewing in my brain.  What if I made the outside of the card quite plain and then the inside literally jumped out at you?!  My sweet SIL Crystal's birthday was the perfect opportunity to try it out, and I loved the result so much I was giddy.  Seriously, I was clapping my hands and bouncing up and down in my chair.  These spring mounts give so much movement and dimension they create a serious WOW factor.  The pictures hardly do the card justice because they can't capture all that, but I'll be doing a full video review of them soon, so keep an eye out for that!

Other materials:  PP -- Scribble Scrabble "Lullaby of Birdland" collection; die cuts -- Cricut Celebrations and Lyrical Letters cartridges; tag punch -- Stampin' Up; Glimmer Mist; Cat's Eye chalk ink for distressing; Magnet closure to hold the card closed -- Basic Grey

4 comments:

Tonya said...

Very cool! Very pretty!

Brooke S said...

Cool card! i haven't seen the Piggies yet where did you get them?

Holly Jones said...

so fun!

Amanda T said...

This is such a great card! I will certainly have to get some of those Piggies! You are such an inspiration!