Thursday, April 21, 2011

Faith -- a scrapbook layout for ScrapbookPal

Hello again!  I'm back with a very fun layout, compliments of ScrapbookPal.com.  This month we design team gals are featuring the very cute stamps from Pink by Design, and today I am excited to share this scrapbook page I created with the Faith sentiment collection. It's easy to look at a sentiment stamp collection and only see possibilities for cards, so I was glad I had the challenge of using them for a scrapbook page.

Click to enlarge

In thinking about how I could use a whole bunch of the stamps on a layout, I loved the idea that faith grows over time, especially as we remember all the things these stamps say.  The tree background is patterned paper from Scenic Route, and I stamped the sentiments onto green paper and then cut around then to create the leaves.  I used a green marker to add some accents that would help tie them in with the patterned paper. I bent each leaf a little to give it some texture, then adhered them to the tree.  I used 3D foam for some of them to add to the dimension.  I cut a few more leaves from the same green polka dot paper I used for the bottom border strip. The title "faith" is cut from the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge using the Shadow function to make it nice and chunky.  (See below for a closer-up look at the different sentiments.)

So take a look at your sentiment stamp sets -- or better yet, pick up some new adorable sets from ScrapbookPal -- and see what unexpected things you can do with them!  ScrapbookPal has a lot of great new products right now, and shipping is always free on orders over $25!  Thanks for stopping by!

Materials: Patterned Paper -- Scenic Route (Tree, brown polka dot, stripe), KI Memories (green polka dot).



3 comments:

Ramona said...

Wow! This layout is just fabulous!!!

Lili said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lili said...

Fantastic! Thanks for sharing and inspiring :)