Sunday, June 5, 2011

Fancy T-shirt with Viva Decor Pearl Pens -- ScrapbookPal.com


Oh, goodness -- I think I have found my new favorite craft goody!  This month ScrapbookPal.com sent me a selection of their new Viva Decor Pearl Pens, and my mind was immediately going like crazy with ideas for how I can use them.  These work on a great selection of materials, including being machine washable on fabric.  How cool is that?!  So my first project just had to be embellishing a plain t-shirt that I bought from the thrift store for $2.  It's my favorite color, but it was so plain and blah before.

For the base design, I combined some different swirls and flourishes from Cindy Loo and cut them to create freezer paper stencils.  If you haven't tried this yet, DO IT!  It's so fun and easy, and it works great.  There are a bajillion tutorials online for how to do it, but you can check out a great one from "CleverSomeday" right here.  After I painted on the swirls, I cut a small swallow shape from Heritage and painted that on with the Viva Decor Pearl paint.  It took several coats to make it semi-opaque, but it has a gorgeous pearly finish.




After that base paint was dry (helped along by my blow dryer because patience is just not one of my talents), I went to work with the Pearl Pens.  I used Ice White and Silver for this project.  I just created little pearl dots along the edges of the painted flourishes with the Ice White, and then with the silver I created additional flourishes.  It turned out SO cool, and now my $2 has some seriously fab personality!

Thanks for stopping by!  Tune in later this month when I showcase these pens again, along with my other new favorite thing -- Scor-Tape!

3 comments:

We're So Rad said...

Gorgeous. I should have you make me one with my plain shirt in the same color! Or... I guess I could just get around to doing it myself. It's been sitting in my to-do pile forever. You are so amazing.

Tonya said...

WOW! That shirt is so cool! I can't believe you did that all yourself...well, yes, I can believe that about YOU, but you know what I mean!! ;) I think it's fantastic. Thanks for sharing! It's perfect!

Amanda T said...

This is such a beautiful shirt! I am so amazed at how totally perfect your polka dots are and the swirls, and that darling, darling bird! You rock!!