Monday, November 7, 2011

Quick Vintage Birthday Card

I love when I get to make cards or gifts for my sister-in-law Caitlyn -- she's crafty, too, and our styles are really similar.  So it's no surprise that when her birthday rolled around this year I had no trouble finding inspiration for her card.  This came together so quickly and is definitely one of my favorite cards I've made recently.

I first cut a 4x4 square of book-y paper from 7Gypsies and stamped 3 flowers onto it.  I used pearlescent chalk from Pebbles, Inc. to color all around the image, then used a Viva Pearl Decor pen to dot the centers.  I mounted that to a kraft cardstock base and added the stamped sentiment (Studio G).  I added the lace trim (Fancy Pants) and velvet trim (Stampin Up) to the bottom and I was done!  I adhered the trims with Scor-Tape.

Isn't it funny how some cards or projects you agonize over and spend forever on and then you're still not sold on the result and other ones just come together perfectly, quickly, and you love them?

No comments: