Thursday, January 19, 2012

More peg doll AND mixed media fun...

When I fell in love with peg dolls earlier this year, I immediately started planning the little families I would paint for all the little girls in our family.  We do a cousins' gift exchange on both sides of our family, so I was really happy that my kids drew the names of two of our nieces, thereby giving me an excuse to do it sooner rather than later.  Here they are!  (You'll have to excuse the poor lighting -- I had to hurry to take these late at night because I was trying to pack them to ship in the hopes they'd get there in time for Christmas.  Ah, procrastination...)






And this one is my favorite -- in our siblings' exchange I drew my sister Ange, who is at that just-starting-out-crossroads-what-do-I-do-next-with-my-life stage.  I wanted to make a cool mixed media canvas with a She Art girl on it for her, but she is a live-out-loud 3D kind of girl, so I thought it would be fun to make a peg doll to coordinate with the canvas instead.


I cut a bunch of thin strips of paper (from Basic Grey) and mod-podged them on for her dress, then painted the cardi and scarf over the top.  (I also gave her a ruffly yellow scarf just like this.)  I also used a "Just Be YOU" stamp from Unity at the bottom.

Here's a close-up of the Dr. Seuss quote I used, which I did with a combination of paint, marker, scraps of the same Basic Grey pp, and bookpaper.  I love how it turned out!




I am having so much fun painting peg dolls that I think I will be listing custom dolls in my etsy shop soon.  Always a fun new adventure!

3 comments:

Tonya said...

Oh my goodness! The beauty of it all! You are so stinking talented. You need a store. Oh, you have one! But I mean, you need to market your stuff in a bigger way!!! Very pretty. Thanks for sharing!!

Pen + Paper Flowers said...

I know this was done quite awhile ago but this is absolutely adorable! LOVE it!

Pen + Paper Flowers said...

I know this was done quite awhile ago but this is absolutely adorable! LOVE it!