Thursday, September 12, 2013

Time to Escape

I created this fun layout with the eclectic Park Bench collection from Fancy Pants, one of the great sponsors of ScrapbookUSA Expo.  I love that this collection blends the beautiful and the funky together so well -- so much personality!  It also feels grown up without being dreary -- there is plenty of energy here.  I used the great papers and a bunch of the fantastic coordinating elements to create this layout about a fantastic weekend getaway my hubby and I took a few months ago to celebrate our 11th anniversary.

I used the photo frames to create a title card and journaling card by backing the open spaces with some of the lighter papers.  A few stitches of twine to secure the title card turned it into a cool pocket for the journaling card.


Layering chunky embellishments adds lots of texture and interest to the layout.

No comments: